Monday 7 April 2014

Poetry: I APOLOGIZE



I APOLOGIZE
I owe too many apologies but this one i can't delay… My Love I am sorry.
It was natural. We never said words. I knew we were made, one for another; is bread not for tea? Together, hand in hand, we strolled, to the envy of many. Forgotten so soon how the sun stood behind us, behind Ottamiri?
It was there I did it all; celebrated, an armature. There I charmed many; illuminating, it was De Lumen. Can't forget Ojukwu, yes, he was Ikemba. But I left, unrecognized: The Nation Campus Life joint best sports reporter. Then I felt I had arrived; why do I need you?
"You need to learn," was a brother's well done. It took me years to get there! It was painful, but I had to. I had to break free to get to thee my Love.
I apologize to thee Creativity. For the many years I poisoned many…  Scribbling things without form.  Do not hold it against this sinner. Bend me to your will and I'll learn.
From the river banks I sinned; on this hill I apologize.
Take me back, forgive what society made me. I still wish to stand behind you behind the sun behind still waters. This time I need you my Love to do it right. She is a berry… rare specie! Help me tell her friends, that Tom is sorry and needs her.
From the Tom that loves you

No comments:

Post a Comment